On 9 July 1945 a Douglas A-26B Invader, # 44-34482, assigned to 14th Air Force, 341st Bomb Group, 11th Bomb Squadron, Training Detachment, Yangkai, China, departed the airfield at Fenny, India, on a training mission locally. It crashed in the Chittagong area and the crew killed. After recovery from India, the remains of the crew, McDonald, Orr, and Robinson, were buried in a group ceremony and burial in the Fort McPherson National Cemetery, Maxwell, Lincoln Co., Nebraska, on 18 January 1950 (Sec. R, Grave 48).

 

His father, James Q. Orr, born 12 October 1894, served in the U.S. Army Medical Corps during WWI; 37th Field Hospital, Wagoner. He died on 24 November 1963 and is buried in the Grayson Cemetery, Grayson, Clinton Co., Missouri.

ROBINSON, DAVID VINCEL, First Lieutenant, # 0-708558, USAAF

 

David V. Robinson was born on 14 April 1924 in Tulsa, Tulsa Co., Oklahoma, to Richard Samuel Robinson (1895-1990) (TX) and Thelma Doris (Swift) Robinson (1903-1986) (IN) (married 25 November 1922, Tulsa, OK). Siblings were Doris Josephine Robinson (1926-1994) and Laura Mae Robinson (1927-2009). He graduated from Will Rogers High School in 1942 and was the Assistant Editor for his H.S. yearbook and was the representative for photography.

 

He registered for the WWII draft on 30 June 1942, resided at 1015 S. Gary, Tulsa, OK, and described himself as 5’9 ½”, 160 lbs, with brown hair and blue eyes. After enlisting, he completed navigation instruction through advanced school and was assigned to navigate the A-26 Invader. He earned his commission and crewman wings. He was sent overseas to India. On 9 July 1945 a Douglas A-26B Invader, # 44-34482, assigned to 14th Air Force, 341st Bomb Group, 11th Bomb Squadron, Training Detachment, Yangkai, China, departed the airfield at Fenny, India, on a training mission locally. It crashed in the Chittagong area and the crew killed. After recovery from India, the remains of the crew, McDonald, Orr, and Robinson, were buried in a group ceremony and burial in the Fort McPherson National Cemetery, Maxwell, Lincoln Co., Nebraska, on 18 January 1950 (Sec. R, Grave 48).